CS Traction Current Sensors
Perfect efficiency in every environment
- The CS range has been designed for applications in difficult environments such as on-board railway equipment (power converters, auxiliary converters for heating, ventilation and air conditioning) and the mining industry. Their robust design and excellent performances (e.g. operating range between -40° and +85°C) make CS current sensors ideal for use in other very demanding applications (marine, wind-power, ozone generators, etc.)
Incomparable protection against magnetic fields
- CS sensors are conceived, designed and renowned for their unrivalled immunity to ambient magnetic fields. Although they are in continuous proximity of powerful currents capable of distorting their measurements, this does not, in fact, occur.
- Their accuracy is rock-solid and once set to measure a particular current, that is what they measure - that and nothing else.
Half Effect - Closed Loop
- Rolling Stock and Fixed Installations
- CS current sensors come with a complete range of options and accessories and a wealth of preset variants that have now become standard. As well as being renowned for their incomparable modularity, CS sensors give their users the edge because they are compact and easy to fit. They also offer a number of connection options, their simplicity and performance characteristics are unrivalled as are their magnetic immunity and mechanical resistance. They meet all the exacting demands of sectors as varied as railways, the mining industry and control in difficult environments such as ozone generators. CS current sensors and VS voltage sensors together constitute an offer the railway industry cannot afford to ignore.
You simply can't get any smaller!
- ABB current sensors contain everything needed to do the job - you don't need anything else. By integrating the philosophy of reduced size into its CS sensors, ABB have brought miniaturization to a point of perfection. This miniaturization also gives great flexibility of installation as well as the best size and performance for money on the market. Small really is beautiful.
The Efficient Way
- Once again ABB have shown that they put all their know-how and talent for innovation into improving efficiency. Whether fitted horizontally or vertically, ABB sensors fit perfectly into your system configurations and the space available. Installation is no longer a problem; in fact inserting sensors is child's play. This choice of fittings is a first in the sensors market. This ability to stay a length ahead makes ABB stand out from their competitors.
- Sensors to measure d.c., a.c. or pulsating currents with a galvanic insulation between primary and secondary circuits.